The annual International Fire and Rescue Service Association (CTIF) Assembly and Symposium took place in Serbia, Belgrade, from 18th to 19th September.
The following issues were included in the Assembly agenda:
- activity report of the CTIF President;
- CTIF financial report and 2015 budget approval;
- CTIF Statistics Center report.
The Symposium was held in the second day, mostly presentations on various topics were provided. The most interesting presentations were:
- Floods in Serbia 2014;
- Ice Storm in Slovenia 2014;
- Aerial Forest Fire Fighting;
-Practical Use of Climate Data.
Next CTIF Assembly will take place in Croatia, Zagreb in 2015.
The 95th anniversary of Estonian professional fire service celebration in Tallinn, Estonia, 9th -11th September
The 95th anniversary of Estonian professional fire service was celebrated in Tallinn from 9th -11th September.
The Latvian, Lithuanian, Finnish and Swedish Fire and Rescue Service representatives were invited.
The program of events included:
- a conference discussion on the Estonian Rescue Board development strategy 2015-2020 ;
- the Baltic States, Sweden and Finland Fire and Rescue Service round table conference on common areas of cooperation in the future. The most important common areas are:
- each country's assessment of recent experience in emergency situations;
- extending cooperation in the process of training and research;
- more effective national rescue service promotion in Europe, especially in the context of new European Union Civil Protection Mechanism;
- award ceremony of the Estonian Rescue Board staff and events of 95th anniversary celebration solemn conclusion
Riga, February 26, 2013 – Firefighters in Latvian regions will now be able to quicker provide help to those in need thanks to recent fire station renovation works financed by the U.S. Armed Forces.